- tootikki reblogged this from thosepeskydames
- -ihonestlydontknow reblogged this from thosepeskydames
- an-elephant-remembers-everything reblogged this from thosepeskydames
- thosepeskydames reblogged this from ninja-suffragette
- melancholywise likes this
- sesquedoodle reblogged this from hexephra and added:
- ninja-suffragette reblogged this from hexephra and added:
- hexephra posted this
The Toronto groups were positive about the image of an Asian woman because “it is seen to represent diversity or multiculturalism.”
In Quebec, however, “the inclusion of an Asian without representing any other ethnicities was seen to be contentious.”
One person in Fredericton commented: “The person on it appears to be of Asian descent which doesn’t rep(resent) Canada. It is fairly ugly.”
Wow. Thanks so much, Canada.
I understand that it seems unfair to show just one ethnicity instead of multiple ones, but guess what? Changing an image that looks like (and was not meant to be) a racial minority so that they’re undisputably Caucasian looking is not how you fix it. I don’t care if it means more work incorporating other ethnicities into the rest of the bill designs. Just fucking do it.
Also, shame on the person from Fredericton. Fuck you.
Wait, so thier answer to a lack of diversity is…less diversity? That makes a ton of sense.